A problem with your thyroid gland is thyroid disorder. The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped small organ in your neck. It produces triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) hormones to control the metabolism of your body. They also help in balancing mood, development of the brain, muscle control, etc. The thyroid disorder is the result of too much or too little production of these hormones.
Various people are suffering from thyroid disease. As per the studies, over 12% of Americans suffer from thyroid disorders. Juan Carlos Zubieta, MD, MPH, at North Houston Diabetes Institute, located in Humble, Texas offers solutions related to thyroid disorders. Dr. Juan and his team help Humble thyroid disorder patients to take care of the symptoms at early stages so that they can live a quality life. Therefore, if you are looking for a specialist in Humble, Texas, for treating your thyroid-related issues, then schedule your appointment today.
Table of Contents
Types of Thyroid Disorders:
- Hypothyroidism: A disorder caused when the thyroid gland produces too few hormones.
- Hyperthyroidism: A disorder caused due to excess production of hormones by the thyroid gland
- Goiter: It is a disorder caused when the thyroid gland enlarges.
- Thyroiditis: A disorder caused when the thyroid gland swells.
- Thyroid nodules: A disorder caused when there is a lump in the thyroid gland.
- Thyroid cancer: It is nothing but cancer of the thyroid gland.
Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism are the two most common types of thyroid disorders developed in most people.
Symptoms of Thyroid disorders:
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Joint pain
- Unsteady heartbeat
- Dry skin
- Problems in menstrual cycle in women
- Sensitivity from cold or heat
- Troubled sleep
Causes of Thyroid disease:
- Inflammation or swelling of the thyroid gland, called thyroiditis, leads to excess production of hormones. This causes hyperthyroidism.
- You might have a higher risk of developing thyroid disorder if you have a family history of the same.
- Iodine deficiency may cause thyroid disorder as the thyroid gland uses iodine to produce hormones.
- Sometimes, the thyroid gland may not be working properly right from birth. This leads to thyroid disorders.
How to treat thyroid disease:
- Consult a specialist and follow the prescription suggested
- Get enough and quality sleep
- Maintain a healthy diet by taking a lot of vitamin A, B, and C
- Go for Radioiodine therapy
If you are facing any thyroid symptoms, then consult your doctor without any delay. Because the sooner you diagnose, the sooner you treat it.