Having the perfect set of teeth can for the ideal smile often requires teeth straightening procedures like inserting braces either in one or both rows of teeth to help align them properly. The mounts, however, may portray a specific image that may not be positive; this is when the use of Invisalign comes into the picture.
An Invisalign is a transparent brace for aligning teeth. It is created out of a material called SmartTrack, which is a medical-grade thermoplastic polyurethane. The use of which has become popular as an alternative to conventional braces. In comparison, Invisalign aligners, though not entirely concealed, are less visible than the wiring that comes with mountings.
The use of Invisalign aligners is mainly to help correct minor defects like spacing or overcrowding of teeth. Those who have crowded teeth, an open bite, gapped teeth, bite issues like a crossbite, underbite, and overbite would require the help of such aligners.
Visit your closest Ardsley Invisalign to see if you qualify for this orthodontic procedure.
Getting a pair of Invisalign aligners begins at the dentist’s office, where a dentist examines the patient’s teeth. A 3D image will be taken, which will cover the mouth and teeth for further inspection. Through such imaging, the doctor can help explain the plan of action to fix the defect.
The dentist will make a series of custom aligners and insert them in place. The Invisalign will add pressure to the teeth, gradually causing them to move into the desired position. At the doctor’s instructions, the aligners will change from time to time. They need to be in place for a minimum of 22 to 20 hours a day, and it needs to be removed while brushing, eating, and cleaning the aligners.
Table of Contents
Here are a few benefits of getting Invisalign aligners:
- Oral Hygiene- The use of braces would require a long hygiene regimen that can be very tasking, while Invisalign needs to be removed while brushing or flossing teeth and cleaning the aligners.
- Fewer Food Restrictions- Braces can often have food restrictions as there are possibilities of food getting stuck and causing the wires to bend. This is, however, is not the case with aligners.
- Invisible- The aligners are only visible on very close inspection and not at first glance. Braces, on the other hand, draw attention at the very first glance.
- Treatment Accuracy- The Invisalign procedure is a customized treatment plan that can give a pretty accurate estimate of how long you will have to keep them on to get the defects corrected.
- Short Appointments- The trip to your doctor will occur once every six weeks to help see how the progress is with the plan. Hence it can suit people with busy schedules.