A dental implant is one technique used to replace your lost teeth. Apart from improving your oral appearance, dental implants have a variety of health benefits. Due to the diversity of research and technology, there are several types of dental implant techniques you can undergo. Dental implants can replace one missing tooth or be used for your full mouth. If you have a missing tooth or teeth, you can have dental implants in Westfield at The Dental Studio. Below are the primary types of dental implants you can perform.
The Primary Types of Dental Implants Available at the Dentist’s Office
Before your doctor performs dental implants, you must undergo an oral examination to certify that you are the right candidate. However, you might have some missing teeth and yet not qualify due to oral complications. The oral examination checks the presence of periodontal diseases, which can hinder dental implant services. Periodontal diseases lead to a weak jawbone, which cannot support dental implants. A bone graft may be able to be performed before the implants are surgically installed into your jawbone. Types of dental implants include:
- Endosteal dental implant. Endosteal implants are most used to fix a missing tooth or teeth. This technique uses titanium metal screws, which are fused into your jawbone to represent the roots. After the screws are placed, your doctor will give you several weeks to heal, and then crowns will be placed on top of the screws. After the placement of the crowns, an adjustment will be made to give them a natural appearance. An endosteal dental implant can last for a long time, and it is recommended for people with a healthy jawbone.
- Subperiosteal dental implants. On the other hand, people with weak jawbone can also replace their teeth through a subperiosteal dental implant. This technique uses a titanium metal frame, which is placed on top of the jaw bone. Some tips of the structure are left protruding outside the gum, where artificial crowns will be embedded.
Living without teeth will not only affect your eating, but it aslo changes the appearance of your face and jaws. Dental implants may play a role in keeping your face pretty and efficient. Below are the benefits of dental implants.
Importances of having dental implants
Dental implants have many benefits that can be either cosmetic or health importances. They include:
- Improve self-esteem. When you miss some teeth, you may feel shame interacting with your friends and family members. Dental implants can eliminate your shame by replacing your teeth.
- Enhance the growth of your jaw. When you lack teeth, your jaw grows weak and reduces in size. This can make your face look old and sunken-in. Dental implants enhance the growth of your jaw, thus keeping it strong and healthy.
- Improves speech. According to research, for the pronunciation of words, your teeth must play their part. When you lack some teeth, you might not pronounce words as they should be.
Dental implants have helped many people restore their normal life. Lack of teeth can lead to many problems, such as stress and diet issues. The Dental Studio has the best dental professionals who can perform dental implants for you. Consult them today and restore your lost teeth.