Teeth are essential tools of a person’s life. Their various activities include chewing food, taking hard bites, and most significantly, their ability to ignite a healthy smile. For you to have confidence in your smile, you are required to maintain good oral hygiene. Failing to maintain good dental health may limit you from eating comfortably or even giving a good smile. If you are experiencing any dental issues, worry no more for Doris Giraldo, DDS, a dental specialist who performs dental implants in Midtown, Manhattan. The specialist At New Dimension Dentistry takes a professional approach making sure you gain back your natural look to improve your self-confidence. Call or book online to schedule a consultation with the specialist to formulate your treatment plan.
Here is what you ought to know regarding dental health and implants.
What Is Preventive Dentistry?
They are different approaches applied while treating all potential oral problems. The procedures include:
- Professional teeth cleaning- The procedure helps dental patients eliminate the plaque that forms on their teeth, leading to tooth decay due to bacteria and tartar that form on the teeth surface. Using toothpaste rich in fluoride helps maintain the natural white color of the teeth.
- Oral cancer screening- Involve the use of cancer screening equipment to check and detect any signs of cancerous growth.
- Orthodontic treatment- It entails treating a condition of the teeth whereby they are either overcrowded in the jaw or misaligned. Orthodontic treatment ensures that you have a healthy jaw.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small posts made of titanium that replace the roots of the natural tooth. Dental implants treat dental problems like missing teeth, broken teeth due to injuries, and decayed teeth. The procedure ensures that a patient regains a natural dental look. It guarantees a unique overall oral appearance with a healthy smile. There are various types of implants performed by dentists, which include:
The dentists will fix the implants on the jawbone and, after healing which takes some time, connect a dental crown.
The implants are made to rest on top of the jawbone and below the gum. They are not very common due to their long-term effects.
What Is Gum Treatment?
Gum treatment involves nonsurgical procedures that take care of the gum from periodontal diseases. The most common gum problems are:
- Gingivitis- Gingivitis is a condition that makes the gum puffy and red. If detected early, gingivitis is manageable.
- Periodontitis- Occurs due to untreated gingivitis. The gum detaches from the teeth and forms pockets where the plague congests, causing severe pain and bleeding on the gum.
What Is IV Sedation?
IV sedation is the application of sedative medication that helps a patient relax during a dental procedure. The dentist injects the drug through the vein of the patient. Benefits of using the IV Sedation include:
- It generally improves dental patients’ outcomes.
- It improves safety during dental procedures.
- It reduces the risks of blood clots.
In conclusion, Dental implants provide a healthy smile that lasts for a lifetime. They are effective restoration methods to have permanent and natural-looking teeth. Regular brushing and flossing are essential to maintain the implants along with regular checkups. Please make sure that you call their office or book online to schedule a consultation with a specialist.