As you go about your daily activities, your body may experience extreme pain in specific parts. An excessive strain like sitting for hours on end can result in chronic or acute low back pain. Republic Spine & Pain works to eradicate cases of low back pain in Austin and Georgetown, Texas. The team uses a customized treatment plan to account for all individual differences in low back pain.
Causes of Low Back Pain
Low back pain is common among patients of all ages. The pain can be a result of injuries or degenerative conditions affecting the quality of your life and productivity. Common causes of low back pain include:
- Excessive strain on your back muscles
- Injuries to the connective tissues
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- Nerve impingement
- Compressional fractures
Risks of suffering from low back pain are made dire by conditions like being overweight, leading a sedentary lifestyle, or working a physically demanding job. Your risk increases as you age, causing the cushioning in your vertebrae to get dry and more susceptible to injuries.
You are advised to be an active participant in outdoor physical activity to make your core and back muscles stronger and more flexible to support your spine. On a similar note, you may also need to sharpen your weight lifting tactics to reduce the chances of suffering a back injury.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica refers to the group of symptoms resulting from the compression of your sciatic nerves. The sciatic nerves originate from the lower back, run down the back of both legs and buttocks.
The symptoms include
- Loss of balance
- Low back pain
- Weakness of muscles
- Numbness and tingling sensations in one or both legs
- Pain radiating from one or both thighs and buttocks
Sciatica is due to a herniated disc in the lower spine of a victim. You may experience more pain in the lower back and legs due to the positioning of sciatic nerves.
Treatment of Low Back Pain
At Republic Spine & Pain, the doctors available and focused on ensuring that all symptoms of back pain are identified and remedied quickly. At the clinic, you are subjected to X-Rays, nerve conduction studies, and MRIs to isolate the causes of your lower back pain.
Treatment options for lower back pain offered by Republic Spine & Pain include:
- Injections at the trigger points
- Selective nerve root blocks
- Epidural injections
- Sympathetic ganglion blocks
- Medial branch nerve blocks/Facet joints
- Selective nerve root blocks
- Physical therapy
- Percutaneous disc decompression
- Spinal infusions
- Intrathecal injections
- Radiofrequency nerve ablation
Additional remedies for lower back pain include Vertiflex® Superion® devices and spinal cord stimulators to alleviate back pain so that you may live with less discomfort.
Why Should I Visit Republic Spine & Pain?
- Customized Treatment Plans – Your doctor uses a personalized treatment plan to ensure that you are living a life free of pain henceforth. Your treatment plan is determined by the extent of damage to your spinal cord.
- Clint Oriented Practice – Republic Spine & Pain aims to ensure that all clients get relief from pain, restored quality of life, and improved overall health.
- Affordable Healthcare – Republic Spine & Pain allows clients to make payments for services using different payment modes for the insured and uninsured patients.
When having extreme pains in your lower back, you may be having limited mobility, affecting your productivity at work. To regain full control of your life, you should contact the Republic Spine & Pain to get rid of low back pain for good.