In your daily activities, you may come across situations that may cause your teeth to break. Severe oral injuries may also cause loss of teeth. Sugary food like sweets, cakes, and biscuits can also result in teeth decay, thus losing your teeth. Dental implants are techniques used by dentists to replace your lost teeth or tooth. There are several dental implant techniques available at the health care center. The dentist suggests the dental implant technique to undergo after examining the condition of your jawbones. Dr. Eliaz Kaufman is a specialist who performs teeth restoration professionally. Below are the primary dental implant techniques.
The primary dental implants techniques
There are varieties of dental implant techniques in the market today. There are those techniques that are used to replace all your teeth, and others are used to replace one or two lost teeth. These techniques include:
- All-on-4 dental implant.This is a dental implant technique that dentists use to replace all of your teeth. The doctor measures your jaws and makes an artificial gum bonded with artificial teeth. The teeth structure is then fixed in your natural gum to resemble your original teeth.
- Endosteal dental implant.The endosteal dental implant is the most commonly used to replace a gap with one or two lost teeth. The doctor uses artificial roots and crowns to eliminate gaps in your teeth.
- Dental bridges.This technique is a substitution for the endosteal dental implant. Dental bridges make use of artificial crowns only. The artificial crowns are molded together depending on the number of teeth lost at a particular gap. The front and the back teeth in the gap are used to hold the crowns.
Below are the importance of having dental implants.
Three importance’s of undergoing dental implants
Dental implants have many benefits, including cosmetic and health benefits. Theses importance’s include:
- Improves self-esteem and confidence.When you have a lost tooth or teeth, you feel depreciated when you are with friends and family members. Replacing lost teeth elevates your smile, thus improving your self-esteem and confidence. Lost teeth also affect your speech during talking. Dentures in your mouth may cause some words to mumble. Dental implants correct and fix those dentures that slip your words, thus enhancing your speech.
- Facilitates proper chewing of food.Gaps in your teeth interfere with how you chew food. You might swallow some food that is improperly chewed, causing digestion problems. Dental implants seal your gaps with artificial teeth, thus facilitating chewing. You can also chew hard food like sugarcane with artificial teeth, thus hardening your jawbones.
- Prevents teeth from shifting. Your jaw and the remaining teeth continue to grow, even if some of your teeth are missing. The growth process may cause teeth to shift towards the gaps, thus developing crooked or misaligned teeth. Dental implants cover gaps in your teeth that prevent the original teeth from shifting from their position.
Dental implants are subjected to replace your lost teeth. There are several techniques used by the dentist to implant artificial teeth on your jaws. Endosteal and dental bridges are the most known method and are recommended by health organizations. East Village Dental Center is a health care center with specialists who are professional in performing dental implants.